Leaven UP! Program
The word “leaven” comes from the latin verb levare which means “to lift up.” Our Leaven UP! Program is an eight-hour intensive training for emotionally healthy men and women who seek to become even more psychologically fit. These men and women are pursuing greater psychological perfection, but not for its own sake. Grace builds on nature, so these men and women want an even more secure natural foundation for a deeper spiritual life, to love God and neighbor even more, and to be leaven to “lift up” the Church in these troubled times. The Leaven UP! Program complements the individual’s spiritual plan.
Another parable he spoke to them: The kingdom of heaven is like to leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, until the whole was leavened. (Matthew 13:33, Douay-Rheims)
Do you want:
· To understand your emotions, desires, and attitudes much better?
· To uncover and understand the hidden natural psychological obstacles that interfere with your relationship with God? (We all have them…)
· To overcome distractions and other psychological hindrances to recollection and a deeper prayer life
· To receive specific, recommendations and clear plan for moving forward in psychological health tailored to your needs, in writing?
· To make better use of your natural gifts and talents to love and serve God
· To lift up the Church and bring peace and joy to others in our modern age
· To be an even better spouse, parent, friend, or colleague?
· The lightbulbs of insight turning on, illuminating your intellect with greater self-understanding, especially about the issues you’ve struggled with for years.
· With that new understanding, building a new, much more effective plan for overcoming your natural level weakness and deficits
· Following that plan to greater freedom to love God and others in relationship.
· A much deeper life of relational prayer, with fewer distractions.
· Greater freedom to use your gifts and talents in service of the Church
· Being part of the hidden leaven, helping to lift our Church up.
· No longer having to work on this alone, but instead having a competent Catholic therapist to help coach and guide you.
Four Steps of the Leaven UP! Program
1. A 90-minute session in which we review your history and current life
2. Four hours of state-of-the-art psychological testing
3. A 75-minute session to review the findings of the assessment with you
4. A 75-minute session to go over the specific recommendations tailored to you and review your personalized plan
This program is not for everyone. The Leaven-UP! Program requires the participant to take a long, searching and thorough look at his or her history, personality and current life. It demands a considerable amount of openness and humility to go through this program well. We explore the areas of weakness, sexual history, relationship history, and current impulses, desires, attitudes, assumptions, habits, etc. We are particularly interested in understanding what is happening in the unconscious.
You will work with Dr. Malinoski and either Pansorn Benyasut or Isabella Arackal, thus having the benefit of the insights and experience of two therapists.
All of the testing and feedback is done individually and confidentially to maximize a sense of safety, openness and honesty.
Typically, the four steps of the program are on four different days (though in certain cases, stages 1 and 2 can be on the same day, and stages 3 and 4 could also be on the same day.
It usually takes about two to three weeks for us to customize your tailored recommendations and your individualized plan after the testing is completed because of the time necessary to go through, analyze all the results and synthesize the case conceptualization.
You will receive a written report of about six to eight single spaced pages, including a one to two pages of specific recommendations. You are welcome to audio-record the feedback sessions in stages three and four to help you remember the content.
The cost for the entire program is $1500, which is all-inclusive for the intake, testing, feedback sessions, the tailored recommendations, individualize plan and the written report.